President Eric BERTON will inaugurate on June 22, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. the "Magasin Connecté 4.0", supported by the A*Midex foundation and carried by the IUT of Aix-Marseille, whose objective is to create a pilot modular store of 150m2 equipped with the latest technological innovations in terms of connected objects, intelligent sensors and indoor communication to improve the customer experience.
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 2:00 PM IUT d'Aix-Marseille - Site de l'étoile - 142 traverse Charles Susini 13013 Marseille
This store is intended to be both:
- An educational platform serving the customer experience (geolocation,geocontextualization, customer journey, customer experience...)
- An educational platform serving new innovative technologies (IoT,VLC, GPS, LiFi, RFID, circadian lighting, connected glasses, drones...) in real context.
- A pilot platform for manufacturers in the field of connected objects / sensors and for players in the retail industry.
- A research platform to work on disciplinary or interdisciplinary topics
This is a multidisciplinary project combining the skills of 5 training departments of the IUT, as well as the work of teachers, teacher-researchers, technical staff and students:
- GEII Marseille and GEII Salon: Electrical Engineering and Industrial Computing
. - IoT electronics, indoor communication protocols and drones
- MP Marseille : Physical Measurements
- Smart sensors, VLC communication, LiFi, circadian lighting and indoor energy harvesting
- R&T Marseille: Networks and Telecommunications
. Transmission, sensor networks, video and cameras
- TC Marseille: Marketing Techniques
. Customer experience, marketing, retail and communication
Since the project's launch in 2019, more than 220 students and some 20 teachers and teacher-researchers have already worked on educational or research projects aimed at rethinking and improving the in-store customer experience of tomorrow. The inauguration will be followed by a tour of the premises and technical demonstrations by students in the presence of companies that have been partners in the project since its launch.
Aix-Marseille University Communications Department
Anouk Rizzo - Deputy Director of Communication