The Board of Directors adopts the agreement for the devolution of State assets: Aix-Marseille University becomes the owner

CP devolution

On Tuesday 22 January, the Board of Directors (CA) of Aix-Marseille University unanimously approved the University's multi-year real estate strategy plan (SPSI) for 2017-2022, a founding document of the possibility offered to it by the State to become the owner of its assets.

At the same meeting, the Board approved the decision to request the transfer of ownership of State property to Aix-Marseille University and the authorization to sign the transfer agreement with MESRI (Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation).

Aix-Marseille University thus becomes the owner of 90% of the premises it occupies in the territory of Aix-Marseille (the remaining 10% of the local heritage, owned by local authorities).
Aix-Marseille Université's commitments in terms of heritage objectives include:

  • to maintain and renew its assets in order to maintain them in a good state allowing it to carry out its missions;
  • to strengthen real estate management with a professional real estate function and robust management tools; - to improve the energy and environmental performance of buildings.

Through this evolution, Aix-Marseille University is once again strengthening its position as a major player in the region.

press release
devolution of assets