Aix-Marseille University has been awarded the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education for 2021-2027 with the top mark of 100 out of 100, confirming Erasmus+ as a flagship programme in the institution's internationalisation strategy.
The Erasmus Charter
The Erasmus Charter for Higher Education (ECHE) sets out the general quality framework for European and international cooperation activities implemented by a higher education institution under the Erasmus+ programme.
The Charter is granted for the entire duration of the Erasmus+ programme. Once obtained, the Erasmus Charter shall be valid for the entire programming period of the new Erasmus+ programme 2021-2027.
With this new success Aix-Marseille University commits itself to work to carry out the main points of the new Erasmus + programme.
- The development of mobility in all its forms (physical, virtual, hybrid),
- Better accessibility for remote audiences,
- Better social inclusion and skills development,
- The promotion of innovation and excellence,
- The strengthening of training/research/innovation links.
This excellent result reinforces the relevance of Erasmus+ as a real tool in the service of the institution's internationalisation strategy. For us, the new 2021-2027 programme will be synonymous with inclusion, ambition and openness.
Vice President in charge of International Relations
The results are commensurate with the institution's commitment. They reinforce the university's international cooperation policy for the next six years. Three main criteria were taken into account in the evaluation of Aix-Marseille University
- The relevance of the Erasmus policy statement
- Commitment to the principles of the Charter and operational implementation in the institution.
- The quality of the institution's management structure in terms of quality, capacity and human resources