The framework text of the call for projects to be downloaded provides full information.
In the framework of action area 3 "Interaction with international actors and civil society" of its roadmap 3.0 (2021-2024), A*Midex supports the development of the Aix-Marseille University site on a Euro-Mediterranean, Mediterranean and African scale. In this perspective, A*Midex is pursuing its action in research, training and innovation with UMIFREs (Mixed Units of French Research Institutes Abroad) around the Mediterranean, mainly in the field of Human and Social Sciences: the French Research Centre in Jerusalem (CRFJ) and the Institute for Research on the Contemporary Maghreb (IRMC) in Tunis.
Information meeting (presentation followed by Q&A) on 10 December 2021 from 10:30 to 12:30 in Aix-en-Provence and online. Prior registration before December 9, 12 pm 2021 on this link.
Projects must be led by a researcher/teacher-researcher ("scientific and technical leader"), who takes responsibility for the project vis-à-vis the A*Midex Foundation. The scientific and technical leader must be a researcher or teacher-researcher attached to a research unit of the Aix-Marseille University site.
Component 1 - Development of Aix-Marseille-CRFJ-IRMC collaborative projects
This component aims to support collaborative projects involving the Aix-Marseille site, and at least one of the two UMIFREs. These collaborative projects may concern :
- The organization of scientific events such as symposiums, conferences or seminars;
- The setting up of summer schools, travelling doctoral schools (for research / research training);
- Support for the publication of joint works;
- And any other relevant scientific collaboration activity between Aix-Marseille and UMIFRE, apart from mobility.
Component 2 - Mobility of researchers and students for research/field missions (12 months of cumulative mission maximum per agent)
Researchers' mobility will be financed to support bilateral collaborations (between the Aix-Marseille University site and one of the UMIFREs) or trilateral collaborations (between the Aix-Marseille University site and the UMIFREs).
The partnership places particular emphasis on the following themes
- Archaeology and uses of archaeology in the contemporary world
- Religious issues
- Powers and political governance
- Societies in recomposition (Gender, Circulations)
- Environmental issues in the Mediterranean
The action "Collaboration Aix-Marseille, CRFJ and IRMC in the Mediterranean" 2021 is open to other research themes and disciplines.
Funding and management
- Component 1: 60 000 euros maximum (total of the action).
- Component 2: 60 000 euros maximum (total of the action).
Budget per project: minimum EUR 5 000 to maximum EUR 15 000
Duration of the projects
- Maximum total cumulated mobility duration per agent : 12 months
- Maximum total project duration: 18 months
How to apply?
The application is made via the A*Midex application form : here before January 20, 2022 at noon.
Each application must be submitted according to the template provided by A*Midex and its formatting instructions.
Opening of the action to applications: 18 November 2021
Deadline for submission of complete applications : 20 January 2022 12:00 CEST.
Communication of results: May 2022 (provisional date)
Start of projects: no earlier than July 2022 and no later than December 2022
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel : 00 33(0)4 13 94 94 75